Sunday, August 2, 2009

Family Time at the Fair

Another activity I needed to complete before I left was a visit with my Aunt Michele. She lives in New Jersey and we had talked about getting together all summer so with only a few days left we needed to make it happen. Michele discovered that halfway between us was the world famous...Delaware State Fair! Having just gone to Delaware the weekend before to go to the beach I was now an expert at driving to Delaware and was super excited to see Michele. So she packed up her husband, Grant and her cute kids Megan and Kettner and I packed up myself and off to the Delaware State Fair we went. Sadly they had more traffic than I did this time. I got the fair in a record three hours (a two hour improvement from beach time) and it took them four! We enjoyed the heat and walked around looking at all the yummy foods. We enjoyed some fun rides and of course we visited all the award winning farm animals. It was a grand day at the fair. To top the day off, Grant found a quaint seafood restaurant for us all to relax and enjoy a good dinner at before we went our separate ways. It was so good to see Michele, and have family around. We realized we see each other about every nine years but we are going to break the mold and see each other again in just a few months or even weeks!

Me with my Aunt Michele and my cute cousin, Megan. Yeah, Michele and I are pretty much the same age. Cool huh?
Michele and I relived our childhood days and rode the bumper cars. I totally won the bumper war! These are Michele's kids (aka my cousins), Kettner and Megan. They are so cute and have great personalities. It was fun to meet them and hang out with them for the day.

5 comments:

  1. Family, isn't it about... time? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome that you got to see your Aunt! So you really are almost the same age? Weird...ya, I have an aunt like that!

    I'm excited to see you once again at Westside, although I'm sad for you that your summer there is coming to an end! I hope the last day or so is great for you! See you soon! Drive safe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! I'm glad you have a blog. I will definitely keep tabs on you now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should see your office door - it's totally covered in pink message slips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home! Your summer looks like it was SO fabulous.

    ReplyDelete