Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Day at the Beach (or a day in the car getting to the beach)

There are only a few things I had left to do as my summer as a city girl winds down. One of them was a visit to the beach, a must do in the summer. I grew up in San Diego where the beach was a daily occurance so I was excited to head to the beach on the other side of the country and experience the waves, the sand, the hot sun, and life guards! My roommate knew of a great beach in Delaware and though it would take 2 hours to get there, it was going to be worth it. We loaded up two car loads of friends on a sunny Saturday and we were off for a day at the beach. About half way into the trip we ran into some traffic, a common occurance in these parts, but an hour later we were still in the same traffic! And an hour after that the other car decided to turn around, they didn't need the beach THAT bad. Well my car was ready to endure so we continued on. Five hours and many veggie strips later, we had made it to the beach! It was 3:00 in the afternoon and as many people were leaving for the day sunburned and beached out, my roommate, KaRyn and I were ready to party. The beach was so small and very crowded, definitely different from the west coast. We stayed for a fun filled couple of hours, ate some dinner, and headed back home. So... was it worth it, probably not, but I did love being near the beach and have decided I am a coastal girl and need to live near the beach (or at least have a beach house:)


KaRyn and I and our Veggie Strips. We spent more time in the car than at the beach but as you can see we still had fun!
Lots and lots of people and I still got to see life guards!

I love the beach!KaRyn introduced me to these delicious ice cream place before we made the trek back. At Rita's you get Italian Ice and Custard in one yummy treat called Gelati. At this point in the day the dessert looked better than I did so I am letting it have full shot in the picture.

2 comments:

  1. I really should be a coastal girl...cause I love it so much...even though the only "beach" I grew up by was Utah Lake!! lol!! Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete