Sunday, April 18, 2010

Peep Roast!

Ah, the first campfire of the season. The mountains, the friends huddled around the fire, your hair and clothes smelling like smoke... all signs of a fun spring/summer night. And of course with every good fire you need to roast... Peeps! Well, a good campfire in April demands the roasting of Peeps instead of the common marshmallow. Some good friends held a Peep Roast and I was more than happy to start my warm weather traditions with a fun night in Provo Canyon. Friends, fire, Peeps, all I need for a good night! And just so you know, roasted Peeps taste just like roasted marshmallows! Yummy!


My roommate, Cami and I enjoying the Peep Roast. These little guys sure look happy sitting on their stick of death.


Now I wasn't planning on eating all three of these Peeps. They wanted to "tan" together!


"Help me! I'm melting, melting."
Don't worry, they sacrificed their lives for the good of my tummy.

2 comments:

  1. Never even thought of that! Sounds yummy! And a campfire and friends and the canyon make things all the better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy COW! I have never thought to try that! I need to. I recently also had my first bonfire of the season. Felt great. Rob Burton did too (different than the one I went to) did you hear about his? He caught on fire and had to go to the hospital!

    ReplyDelete