Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hope of America Looks Good

In my efforts to become the greatest person on earth, I happily volunteered to help my friend at a show put on by hundredes of children called Hope of America Showcase. This showcase is hundreds of students from all over Utah Valley coming together to form a great big flag and sing some songs about our nation, very touching. My friend needed someone to help move the kids into empty spaces so we had a full, gorgeous flag, and not a spotty, holey flag. Seemed easy, ask kids to scoot over, put other kids in the places, done! Well the first night, yes nice and easy and I enjoyed the Hope of America show. Second night, little crazier, kids everywhere and I wondered why I agreed to this madness. But, kids singing and dancing altogether gets to me, that's why I work with em... behind the screaming, shouting, silliness are cute, innocent, growing minds. However, another part of the show that was my very favorite was the Dancing Grandmas! 100 grandmas from ages 50-90 dressed up in their sparkly, cowboy hats, doing the Robot dance equals pure joy. The 90 year old grandma even does the splits at the end. They are a Utah favorite and I believe they will be appearing on America's Got Talent this summer.
So I had fun with kids of all ages and believe the Hope of America is strong, sounds good, and looks gooood.


Yep, I helped make that flag o'kids look so good! Hard to believe the Hope of America can all sit there like good innocent children. Fortunately I didn't have to sit with them.

The Dancing Grandmas doing the Robot! Yep I zoomed in on the 90 year old grandma. I am going to join this group when I am a grandma, so fun!

4 comments:

  1. How neat! And... I already think you are the greatest person on earth. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you are the greatest person on earth, too! :) And fun that I saw you there...and I was feeling bad that I didn't volunteer to help Vicki :( You are great! Those old ladies are so cute, aren't they? Last year the little old lady at the end peeped her pants when she did the splits. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peeped? What is that! :)

    Yay for being a happy hope helper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you earned the "greatest person on earth" title by spending your time there. I did that once. It was enough.

    ReplyDelete