Friday, August 27, 2010

Catchin' Up

Oh the woes of having a blog. Feeling the pressures of keeping it updated and making a post sound witty and charming so those 5 people reading the post will actually be entertained. Sadly this past month has been so busy and with every activity I participate in I find myself asking, "Is this blog worthy?" So now that I have put so much pressure into this very post, enjoy!

The past month has been focusing mainly on getting a new school year started. I love the school I work at, I love the people I work with, I love the many jobs I do there, and of course I love the kids that attend good 'ole Westside Elementary. So I haven't minded spending quite a bit of time there this summer. So far I have helped new teachers get their rooms ready, I have organized schedules for anything and everything, started pulling test data together for teachers, and the highlight of my first week of school... organized bus schedules. Usually organizing bus schedules isn't too big of deal but when the Bus Shop changes the bus routes almost every day it makes it hard to get the kids home on the right bus. I think we have finally solved the problem, but this week has definitely been memorable.


Here I am in my office smiling at the job I love on the outside. But on the inside...I am cursing all things related to school buses and bus lists.

Even though I lot of my time has been spent at the school I have still found some time for fun. I have hung out with friends at various singles' activities and man I wish I had footage of some of the people at these parties. I overheard conversations about children graduating from high school, someone just got out of their 3rd marriage, saw more grey hair than any other color, and any socially awkard habit you can think of I either had the pleasure of watching from afar or watching right in from me. This is what my life has become! I am being a tad rude I guess but seriously, if I have to go to too many more of these kind of social activities I may just get a cat and stay home on Friday nights.

Below are some pictures of things I wanted to take pictures of because I was with dear friends doing normal things.

This is my friend Anelise rockin' it on stage. It was great to see her in concert!


Anelise's groupies: Liz, Dave, and me. I have such cute friends!

Yep, I ate this! A friend took me to try Sushi for the first time. This is technically the kind he got, but I ate something similar! And it wasn't that bad, I will try some again!

2 comments:

  1. So fun to see you all dressed up for work. Sorry about the buses! Anywho... lets photo shoot it up. I don't leave for India until September 21st. We could do it before I leave... unless you want to wait until October. We can do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to find you after school to tell you "Congratulations! You made it!!" But I couldn't find you. Thanks for handling all that nightmare. It can only get easier.

    ReplyDelete