Thursday, July 29, 2010

Family Time in Florida

So I made the annual summer visit to the family in Florida (although I didn't visit last summer because I was in DC, and one summer we were in South Carolina, so I guess it isn't really an annual summer visit). I of course was very excited to see my cute family, their new dog, and maybe it is sad to say, but I was really excited to see the nice pool and backyard that my dad so meticuously takes care of. We did normal family things, BBQ, bowling, lots of movies, walking the dog at night, relax and enjoy being together. I made sure to spend quality time with the pool everyday reading a good book so the pool felt like it was getting family time too.

One reason I was really excited to come to Florida this summer is because I wanted to be the first of my friends on the West Coast to go to the new Harry Potter World. I was going to be famous! Well sadly we heard from several sources the lines at Harry Potter World were very, very long and with it being very, very hot I didn't want to be famous for passing out from heat exhaustion in a line for the bathroom or something silly like that. So no Harry Potter World this visit, but my cute mom still wanted me to do something fun so we went to Orlando for a girls' day. We saw my cousin, Corie and her super cute boy, Cody. We did lots of shopping although I had like 6 bags and my mother had none, she is so strong! Then we topped off the day by going to Universal Studios to see the Blueman Group. It was a very entertaining show and had more illusion/magic stuff than I thought it would. That kind of stuff drives me crazy because I sit there and try to figure out how they do everything rather than just enjoy the show. Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed! They had super fun music, comedy, and the best toilet paper audience fight ever!

And now, enjoy family time in Florida through pictures:


This was my daily view. I would sit, enjoy my book and look over at the lovely scenery my dad has landscaped all by himself! He is very talented.


Family BBQ! We got the grandparents, the parents, the brother and his girlfriend. We're all here!

My family all bowls on actual Bowling Leagues and are super good. But with my dad as my bowling coach I was able to beat my mom!

This is the new family pet, Rico. My parents insist on calling him my new brother. Lame I know! I tried to call him Mia the whole time because he looks like my old dog. Either way he was a pretty cute doggie!

My mom and I got to go to lunch with Corie and Cody. Corie is the oldest cousin so we of course all look up to her. :) And she has one cute little man!

Here they are, the famous Blue Men. You weren't supposed to take pictures so don't tell anyone I have this!

Mom and I after the show. They really did have televisions as heads for part of the show. It was very entertaining!

This was the closest I got to Harry Potter World. Kind of sad, but once the excitement of it dies down, I'll be back!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! Looks like you had a blast. I have never been to Florida and want to go SOOO bad! I really want to see the Blue Man group and I REALLY want to go to Harry Potter World. You should have gone so you can tell me how AMAZING it is! :o) Lets play SOON!

    ReplyDelete