Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ah the Fair...

After visiting the Delaware State Fair with my Aunt Michele last year, how could I not make another appearance at my own state fair? I think I may have a new goal to visit a different state fair every summer. I mean state fairs have high quality entertainment, high quality food, and high quality people! How could you not enjoy the state fair?! This year I went to the Utah State Fair with some friends and one of my friends had her aunt and uncle visiting from Australia. It was their first time in the states and the first thing they see is the Utah State Fair. Candice's uncle at one time said, "This is just how I pictured America would be!" Don't worry they headed off to Zion's National Park the next day, hopefully that will erase their memory of the fried Twinkies, Mullets, and big 'ol belt buckles.

After watching a dashing pig race, eating ice cream while I stood in line for a funnel cake, and visiting with all my barnyard friends... I felt sick, smelt like hay, and had one superfun night with my gals!

Suzanne and I doing the State Fair Dance, gettin' jiggy with it!

See it's just like Disneyland! Crowds of people all coming together to see that dreams come true at the Utah State Fair.

The big event, Pig Races! You have to get there hours before it starts to be able to see these famous pigs battle it out for an Oreo cookie.

The food! The line for funnel cakes was so long I had to eat a twist cone while I waited! Not gonna lie, felt a little sick after eating this so called yummy treat.

This girl was the cutest thing at the fair. She is sporting her fancy blue ribbon belt buckle for raising up a mighty fine sheep. That red line on Mr. Sheep means he was sold to be slaughtered. They were saying their final goodbyes. He was a good sheep...

No comments:

Post a Comment