Sunday, September 26, 2010

Brad, BYU, and Bears

Yes it was a weekend of B's for Miss Day. Saw a little Brad Paisley, saw a little BYU Football, and saw a bear! Well I wish it was a real bear, but it was just a stuffed bear at Cabela's and technically I saw the bear a few days ago, but I needed another B word for my title. :)

Now I am not a real concert enthusiast. I would rather spend my entertainment money on vacations or Disneyland where you get like a whole day out of the spendy ticket. But some friends were going to see Brad Paisley and the tickets were pretty cheap so I took the plunge and headed off to the H2O tour. It was at an outside venue and it was a gorgeous fall evening. It did get a little cool when the sun went down, but not too bad. Brad Paisley is one dang good entertainer. He had this incredible screen and the Hi-Def was amazing! He changed to a different guitar like every song and I never did see how he switched. It was magic! He had fun songs, I was with fun girls, it was a super fun evening!
Here we all are! Brad Paisley's biggest fans enjoying a lovely night out! It did get a little cold, we all enjoyed a hot chocolate to stay warm, but Brad was hot!
See the screen was huge! I felt like I was right next to Brad and he was singing right to me even though I was in the very back. He had some super fun graphics for his songs too.

Onto BYU Football... I am loving the Utah weather right now. Gorgeous mountains in the background and gorgeous weather make for a perfect Saturday afternoon Gameday. My roommate, Cami and I went to cheer our Cougars on against the Nevada somebodies. I love going to games and singing the Cougar fightsong, or having the whole stadium chant B Y U Cougars. The weather wasn't too hot, wasn't too cold. It was just a fun day. Sadly the Cougars didn't win, but I did get a free Go Cougars towel and enjoyed all the Cougar fans wearing their blue and shouting at the refs. They weren't the best refs in the world.
Here they come! The Cougars take the field as the crowds cheer, the band plays, and the cheerleaders flip for joy! Good times at the LaVell Edwards Stadium.

Cami and I showing our Cougar Pride. Well Cami has way more pride than I do. She wanted to buy a Cougar head and wear it, but I told her I would not sit with her if she did. (Okay Cami didn't really want one, but we saw one, and it was kinda ugly.)

And for my final B event... da Bears! For a very long time, I had quite a fascination with bears. I learned about them in a class I had in summer school in 8th grade and ever since then, I have wanted to raise a cub and train it not to kill me and live happily in my home. Well then March of the Penguins came out and I turned my focus to getting a pet penguin instead of a bear, though the thought is still there, just might be a little easier to raise a penguin. So when my friend, Chris wanted to show me around Cabela's, this huge hunting, camping, man loving store, I was more than excited when I saw some bears! They had some great displays of all sorts of animals and while they were probably displaying them as a potential hunt, I just enjoyed seeing my Black Bears up close. I still have a dream of maybe someday having a live bear for a pet. My real friends will work on making that dream come true. ;) Well work on the penguin first, then the bear. :)

1 comment: