Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Very Merry Weekend

This weekend was full of Christmas joy! I attended a production of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens on Friday night. It was in a very small playhouse but they sure do a good job of using the space they have to put on an amazing show. The man who played Scrooge played grumpy and mean well and was just as good being giddy and happy at the end, he was cute. I had actually forgotten I had said I would go to the play with some friends so when Cami asked me what time I wanted to leave I was quite surprised to find out I had plans. I had already made plans to sit on the couch and watch television all night, so these surprise plans were much more inviting. To put just the right touch on a wonderful Christmas celebration when we came out of the playhouse, the actors and actresses were singing carols to us as a light snow trickled to the ground. It was very movie-like.
The Christmas merriment continued on Saturday morning by attending the Ward Christmas breakfast. It was jolly good fun to sit with friends and laugh and see my cute Sunbeams sit on Santa's lap. That night I spread Christmas cheer by taking care of my friend's dog. We watched the Christmas classic, Transformers 2. (Okay so this would be the part that was not so Christmasy, but I was serving and we should all serve our neighbors at Christmastime.)

To finish the weekend off right Cami and I got up before sunrise to make the trek to Salt Lake in the rain, sleet, and hail (well really just rain, but it sounds so dramatic to add the other two) and see the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert featuring David Archuleta. This year with girls of all ages dying to get tickets we were very lucky to get some Sunday tickets. I have to admit after hearing David sing and see his cute smile, I may be a little smitten myself. The MOTAB is always amazing and David has quite the voice. It was a great Sunday morning. I made it back to church in time to spend one last Sunday with my Sunbeams before they head off to CTR 4 in January and I start with a whole new set of unruly 3 year olds to mold. We had a lesson on the birth of Christ and it was so fun to hear my cute Sunbeams tell the story of the birth of Christ and they always surprise me by how much they know.

So as I prepare to leave the rain, snow, and cold of Utah behind and have a beach Christmas in Florida, I have to say this weekend did make me feel merry and bright!

Rain couldn't keep thousands of people from pouring into the Conference Center to see and hear teen cutie, David Archuleta. Cami and I were there for the MOTAB though, not David. :)

Here we are after the concert! Do you like the new rain-dos we are sporting? It was worth it!

I realize this is a picture of the big screen in the Conference Center but I was too far from the real thing and I just had to capture how stinkin' cute and happy David is!

Here are my cute Sunbeams! They have tons of energy and the attention span of a fly, but I love them dearly and will miss them!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I love those cute little faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Angela... just admit... you were there for David AND MoTab, I know I was. :o)

    ReplyDelete