Thursday, January 6, 2011

SNOW DAY

I realize this post is a tad late, but I still wanted to document the first day in like 30 years my school district canceled school and had a Snow Day! It was the last day before Christmas Break. I was up getting ready to go to school noticing it was quite snowy and I had better hurry since it would definitely take longer than the 10 minutes it usually takes me to get to school. All of a sudden I started getting calls, "Are the rumors true?" I had no idea what they were talking about and right then the radio announced, "Nebo School District is canceling school today!" I was thrilled not to have to drive in the awful storm, but a little bummed they couldn't have canceled like an hour earlier so I could have just slept in. The teachers were calling me a little sad to miss all the Christmas fun that was planned for that day. And of course we will have to make it up, but baby it was cold outside that day and I am glad I got to stay home!


This shows the snowfall when I got up to get ready that morning. It snowed for a good four more hours after this, definitely deserving of a Snow Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment