Friday, July 24, 2009

Lots of fun, Running Out of Time

Well I am down to about a week and a half here in DC before I make the trek back to Utah. So it is vital I get as much fun in these last few weeks here that I can, because I haven't had enough fun already! Here are some pictures of what I have been doing lately.

A visit to Mt. Vernon, George Washington's home. My roommate Patti and I are serious soldiers! We totally would have been General Washington's favorites.
Visiting the Washinton DC Temple. It is so, so pretty. They use it as a traffic reference point too, kinda fun. I hear on the radio all the time, "...traffic is backed up to the Mormon temple."
World Famous Breakfast at Eastern Market. You can see all these people are in line waiting to eat at this little place in a big market style auditorium. I waited with my friends for an hour to eat breakfast. It was good but no plans to head back there next Saturday.
Craziness with roommates is a nightly occurrance. My good friend Tara (in the red), visited us from New York and was introduced to my three roommates during a Bump It party. If you are not familiar with the Bump It, you will have to Google it!
This is one of many dinner parties we had outside on our patio. We have had lots of fun entertaining guests. Here Peter and Kyle are having a delightful evening with Mary and I. Patti is here too, taking the picture.

I have met lots of friends that know about way cool stuff here in DC. Ralph here is a pilot and showed my roommate, KaRyn and I the Ronald Regan Runway (right behind us) where planes fly right over us. Well it is a park in front of the runway, we aren't actually on the runway!

3 comments:

  1. A week and a 1/2!!!? What? Wow...that time has literally flown. You seriously are my hero...my inspiration. I can't believe you did this amazing experience this summer...you are so brave. I can't wait to hear more about it and to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your time is already almost up! Wow... love the pictures and love that you are having the time of your life. I will be excited to see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You probably know exactly what I WANT to write, but I won't! :)

    ReplyDelete