Monday, June 21, 2010

Spending Time with the Kiddos

This past weekend I had many opportunities to get in touch with my motherly side. I was able to help my dear friend Sarah with her children again this weekend. Jacob is 2 and has the best smile ever and Eliana is 3 months and also has a dang cute smile complete with dimples. I played with Jacob at the pool on Friday and while at times it was a little stressful knowing Sarah might not like it if I injured her child in some way, more often it was great fun. Jacob took a liking to jumping into the pool from the side and I would hold his hand and help him jump in or he would jump to me. His laughter was contagious and I really didn't mind helping him jump in again and again and again.

Most of the weekend I helped out by holding Eliana while Sarah kept track of Jacob. He loves his momma so much and gets the biggest grin every time he sees her, even if he had been crying about something 2 seconds before! So it was a hard life holding a sweet baby, but I muddled through. She started smiling for me and it was adorable. I loved making her smile and laugh in a newborn kind of way. If I was a really excellent friend I would have helped change diapers and such too, but really I am more the I will play with your kids kind of friend, the dirty stuff is up to you.

I rounded out my weekend of kids by attending our ward Primary Activity on Saturday morning. I am the Sunbeam teacher now so I helped them rotate through the different Pioneer activities. I adore my Sunbeams and am probably biased but think we have the best primary class. These kids are smart, super cute, and we can keep them entertained for quite some time by playing Reverent Ball. (I can teach you this very popular game if you would like.) They had a blast shaking a jar to make butter, playing Stick Pull with Joseph Smith, and just generally running around the field.

So a weekend with children aged 3 and under took me out of my comfort zone a bit since I tend to enjoy children who can read and tie their own shoes a little more, but dang little kids sure know how to love and I love to be loved!


Three cute sunbeams equals one big smile for me!



Jacob was playing hide and seek with his mum(she is Canadian so I have to say mum). The best part was she didn't know about the game, but he was being a great hider!


I know you are all jealous that I spent time with this adorable lady all weekend! You can't see the dimples too well, but they are there.


I know, I know.

4 comments:

  1. kids are the best. I can't wait to have my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely missed you on Sunday!!! O. ran up to the chorister and announced "My father doesn't believe in the church!"
    B. told the other girls that her dress was prettiest.
    We had to take a dance break during the middle of the lesson.
    And they kept referring to Bill as Joseph Smith.
    Glad you'll be back this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I could use a tutorial in Reverent Ball. Maybe it would work with my kids too??? 3 year olds are the best. They really do know how to love.

    ReplyDelete