Monday, June 14, 2010

A Summer Guilty Pleasure

Ah...it's summertime, a time to play outside, eat yummy BBQ outside, frolic in the pool outside, you know, be outside! Well I have had an excellent view of the outside from the window of my room as I have been in there most of the summer so far watching (hold your breath) a silly tv series called, Bones. Now, I feel the need to point out my friend, Sarah, is the one who introduced me to this series which I always thought seemed too yucky to enjoy. But after watching a few episodes with her, I was hooked. Once I watched all the epidsodes I could find for free online, I needed to get my fix from somewhere else. This is where I can blame my roommate, Cami, who suggested I become a member of Netflix where I could get all 5 Seasons streamed directly to my computer. And this is where my summer fun went from outside to inside. I go to work, come home, watch some episodes of Bones, eat dinner, go to the gym, watch some episodes of Bones, sleep, go to work, watch some episodes of Bones... you get the idea. While you may be disgusted at the thought of me wasting away in my room watching tv, you know who to blame and on the upside, if I ever find some bones in a stranded field or crammed in a closet somewhere, I will know exactly how to identify the remains and begin the search for the killer. See I am having a learning experience this summer! I am on Season 4, almost done! What should I learn about next?

3 comments:

  1. love it!!!

    and enjoy it while you can...i'm so sad we're done and have to wait till the fall for more.

    btw, make sure you save some for this weekend;)

    oh and i think the blame would have to fall squarely on the shoulders of chris since he's the one who got me to watch it;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only seen this show a couple times while flipping channels. All I know is that guy is HOT! I know how easy it is to get hooked on shows though... like how my roommate got me hooked on Greys. Oh man. it is fun... but takes so much of your time until all the seasons are done.
    P.S. We STILL need to play this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the guilty pleasure of a good series. Seriouly, I think you should watch Prison Break next. I even have all of the DVDs so you don't even have to bother with your computer at all, you can watch them from the couch, or,...better yet, get a projector and a sheet and watch them outside while enjoying the summer nights too.

    I'm totally serious!!!

    One episode and you will be hooked.

    Worse hooked than Bones.

    ReplyDelete