Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011: It can only get better!

Well I must admit 2010 was not the most exciting of years so I was more than happy to get that year out of the way and move on to what could only be better, 2011. But I didn't want to just sit and wait for the year to hurry and move on, I had to celebrate a little! So on the last day of 2010 I strapped on my new snowshoes and went off with my friend, Suzanne, to explore new land up Little Cottonwood Canyon and make new friends. Well it was bloody cold, my nose hairs froze, and I had a little health issue so we had to turn around earlier than everyone else, but I think we still had fun. I got a new Facebook friend out of it, so that makes it a positive experience right?

After an afternoon in single digit temperatures, the night heated up with dinner at The Bombay House, the best Indian restaurant ever! Lots of fun friends, good food, and a waiter who flirted with us and was half my height, made for a spectacular night. And the fun just kept comin'! After dinner we had a billion parties all demanding our appearance. We tried to get to as many as we could before we said good bye to 2010. We managed to hit three parties and rang in the New Year with a bunch of people we didn't know, good times!



Suzanne, Mary, and I in the car on our way to one of the many parties we appeared at that night! It is hard being wanted in so many places.

So we are 5 days into 2011 and I have to say not too much has happened, but I have high hopes! I posted this Mormon Message on my Facebook page but I want to post it here too. I just loved the message of not looking back. I think I do that a lot, look back at what was good and wish it could be like that again. I really hope this year I can look to the future and not live in the past but make each day I am presently living in a great day. I love the idea of agency and how I can decide each day if I am going to have a good day or a bad day. I will admit I chose to have bad days kind of a lot in 2010. But I am looking forward, remembering that 33 is the year for me and I will not look behind thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment