Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Got Jimmered

This year basketball season at BYU was quite entertaining. Jimmer Fredette was the star player on the team and was pretty dang good. Usually after every game I would see at least 20 status posts on Facebook saying something about this Jimmer kid. It is a shame for me to admit I didn't have as much time to watch the games as in years past so I knew of Jimmer and his amazing skills, but didn't really pay too much attention to him. Until that one day... it was a Saturday afternoon and I didn't really have much to do so I decided to sit down, relax, and watch my Cougars play a good game of bball. And then I caught it, the Jimmer Lovebug. The kid could move through a crowd of players, make the shot, and get fouled in the process, then make the free throw. But when he made a three pointer from like 20 feet behind the 3-point line, that is when I fell in love with him. And to top it all off, the kid is cute! So I joined the thousands of other Jimmer fans and posted on Facebook that Jimmer was my new crush. After that I watched all the games I could and was fortunate enough to watch the Sweet 16 game the Cougars were in inside the BYU Men's Basketball Classroom in the Marriott Center. There I sat in the same room Jimmer had sweat in. His name was on the board and I felt at home. This kid is good...

Look how far back he is! Seriously insane how great his shot is!

And he is so cute!


Here I am with some good friends enjoying the game in the Men's Basketball Classroom. They lost this game, but it was still fun to watch my boy!
Jimmer has won multiple Player of the Year awards, songs have been made about him, phrases have such as "Jimmer Range" and "You Got Jimmered!" are now in everyday conversation. But I think the coolest thing is he is just a good guy! He works hard, loves the game, and was a great leader for his team. Sadly he has a cute girlfriend, but I am pretty sure if he didn't and if he didn't mind that I am like 10 years older than him, we would totally date. :)

1 comment: