Sunday, April 3, 2011

That's Principal Day to You!

It's true, I am now a full fledged principal! The first week of March the Nebo School Board approved my appointment as Principal of Barnett Elementary in Payson. I am so excited! I taught in Payson at a different school a few years ago so it is kind of like coming home. It was a whirlwind week once the announcement was made. I met the faculty the next day, headed up to Salt Lake for a conference, had to meet with the Elementary Director, and still find time to complete my current projects at Westside. Not to mention my face hurt from smiling and thanking everyone who was congratulating me. The school is a fabulous school and I have enjoyed getting to know some of the teachers already. Yes, it is going to be hard, yes, I probably won't have much of a life the rest of the year, but yes, I am so ready to be in charge of my own school and have many amazing, great experiences!

Here is a link to the write-up my district did on my appointment:
http://www.nebo.edu/frontpage/201103?page=1

And here are some pictures of lovely flowers my roommate Cami got for me to congratulate me and a lovely bouquet my family had sent to my school!


This is my school!

2 comments:

  1. Those flowers are so beautiful. I'm so happy that you got the job. You totally deserve it and will rock at it I'm sure. I would think you would be the coolest principal around!

    ReplyDelete