Wednesday, July 14, 2010

All You Ever Wanted to Know About a Staff Developer

You know the classic question us single folks get asked at every get to know you activity... "So what do you do?" I love saying, "I am a Staff Developer for an Elementary School." And then without fail, "What's that?" Well of course I say technically I am the assistant principal, but there is so much more to my job then being my principal's right hand gal. As the Staff Developer the main part of my job is to run the Title I Program at our school. Because our school population is more than 50% lower income families, we receive Federal Funds to allow for additional staff and support for these students. That's where I come in. I train and supervise all support staff, mentor new teachers, provide professional development for faculty and staff, create schedules, organize playground supervision, and handle anything else that may arise during the day. Are you impressed yet?

Well along with all those other things I am required to document the ways we use the Federal monies and support in what is lovingly called THE BINDER. Throughout the year I am collecting documents on Student Data, Parent Involvement, Staff Development, Federal Programs we have at our school, and a whole lot of other stuff. I thought I would impress you all by showing you the binder and helping you to see that I don't just sit around and blog all day at work. Do you feel like you know Miss Day a little more now?


Front view of THE BINDER


Side view of all the trees I have killed this past year. Is this the biggest binder you have ever seen?!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you.....and it has nothing to do with being single....I get asked all the time what I do and when I try to explain it....well you understand....I've just started saying assistant principal now....its easier...but then people think all I do is deal with naughty kids all day...and thats not what I do at all....lol!!!

    ReplyDelete