Wednesday, July 14, 2010

City Girl Makes a Comeback

It has been a year since this blog was first created to document my summer in the big city. So it is only right I return to the place that inspired my desire to blog one year later. I arrived in Washington DC to the smile and laughter of my dear roommate, Patti and we quickly got caught up on all the important stuff... boys, jobs, boys, and life in the city. The entire evening my DC roommates and I laughed, danced, sang, and were just as silly as the day I had left. It truly felt like I had not just spend the past year away from them. We all just stepped right back into our roles as silly girls.

The rest of the weekend we attended a Midsingles Conference and the fact I have nothing to really say about it should give you a good picture of how exciting it was. I did go on a lovely boat ride down the Potomac River, saw some fireworks which were interrupted by plane takeoffs at least 5 times, and ate lots of yummy food. The return to the city wasn't life changing or monumental in anyway, I didn't even touch foot on National Mall ground(feel free to gasp in astonishment). This city girl was more of a homebody this go around and enjoyed spending time with some of the coolest people I know. I didn't become nostalgic about the Trader Joe's Animal Crackers, the traffic everywhere we went, and the fact that Jason's Deli has real ice cream in DC. The Jason's Deli here has ice milk, yuck!

I have been asked again if I would ever move to Washington DC. My answer is sadly the same... I love the city, I love the adventure and the shopping, but I love my job here in Utah and I think I would have the same frustrations with my social life there as I do here. So I am a city girl at heart living the dream of a suburbian reality.


This is what we did all weekend... laugh a lot!


An evening on the Potomac River with friends. It was a beautiful evening!


The last day I was there we got together for a final lunch. The lunch was so yummy and it was a perfect end to the vacation...food and friends, really all I need in life.


This is the Flourless Chocolate Waffle dessert at the Sweetwater Restaurant. It may be the best thing I have tasted ever!! I don't know why it is called Flourless Chocolate Waffle, nothing was "less" about it.

3 comments:

  1. Way to live it up girl! I would love to go back to visit DC sometime. I only visited once like 6 years ago. Looks like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You partay animal! That Waffle thing looks way good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I am glad that you love your job so much that you don't move there! Cause we love having our "Staff Developer" (wow...your job is amazing--and you do so much! Thx for the great informative post on all that you do for Westside-you are amazing...)!

    ReplyDelete