Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sometimes Life is Hard

I am sure this picture may make the title of this blog somewhat misleading. But I stand by my title, sometimes life kinda sucks even when chillin' in a pool. Let me get personal for a moment and use this post to share that the past few weeks have been kind of hard for me, agency wise. At the moment I am not really a fan of the whole agency idea. I made some judgements and choices that have caused me to lose out on a good opportunity. And when trying to make that opportunity available, another person's agency thwarted my plan. So now when my agency and another person's agency doesn't match up I am left feeling kind of alone. And no matter how hard I may try to convince that person their choice is wrong and my way is right, in the end we all have our own agency and it sure stinks that I can't control other people. You are probably reading this and thinking I sound very selfish. I know, it is a weakness of mine. I of course recognize the many positive outcomes and blessing that come from having free agency, but I am allowed to frown at it everyonce in awhile too right? I guess I can say I have learned a lot from these past few weeks... I have learned that you can miss out on some great things when you wrongly judge others, I can't manipulate other people's agency, focusing on my own happiness and my relationship with my Savior is the way to turn a hard life into a happy one. I have been reading this quote everyday lately and have taken it as my theme for the moment:

"Greatness is best measured by how an individual responds to the happenings of life that are totally unfair, unreasonable, and underserved." -Marvin J. Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment