Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Man Magellan

So I decided a needed accessory for my adventure was a GPS that would both help me get here and guide me around the crazy city streets. My GPS is somewhat gender confused because the brand is Magellan which is totally a male name, but it is a woman's voice that guides me in the right direction. Even though I don't know whether to say he/she, "it" has been my lifesaver for my first few days in DC. I have found an Ikea, a Walmart, and grocery stores all because of my great friend, Magellan. I feel confident going anywhere and not having to worry about looking down at maps or getting lost in a scary area. My favorite thing about Magellan is that he/she doesn't get mad when I make a wrong turn. He/she simply recalculates and gives me new direction. I still make it to my destination and feel successful because I didn't end up going the wrong way on a one way street or make illegal turns all over the place. (okay I have done a few of those.) I wonder if I could find a man like Magellan. Doesn't ever get mad at me, just changes his schedule to match my wrong turns... I will have to look into that!

By the way, I have managed to go to the gym two days in a row now WITHOUT using Magellan. I am getting to know my way around already!

3 comments:

  1. I had to laugh about your comment about trying to find a man like Magellan...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny. I could use a GPS lets be honest. I don't know if there is a guy out there that is quite as simple as a GPS.... sadly. Glad you are getting to know your way around the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it weird that I can't call you Angela yet---well don't worry, I'll work on it...ANYWAYS, okay Ms. Day (hah) I am so glad that you have a blog! I totally know how you feel! Once you move out here you just feel like the most sheltered inept person on Earth! I am excited for you though, because it sounds so fun. I would really like to plan a day where we could do dinner or something. If I plan it in advance with my employers--then they'll totally be good with it. Good luck with everything that's going on in your life!!!

    ReplyDelete