Thursday, June 18, 2009

Night Life in the City

So I have had something to do every night this week! The city is fun and everyone loves to play here. We also eat out every night. (I need to find a job just to pay for food!) One night we went to Theodore Roosevelt Island where there is a huge statue of him and some great quotes of his on stone walls. That night we also visited some of the monuments at night which is my roommate, Patti's favorite thing to do and is quickly becoming mine. It also pays to know the right people around here. Some of my new friends have a friend who is performing in a play at the Kennedy Arts Center. So we went to see his show for free! As we were coming out of his show everyone was arriving in formal wear for the Opera Ballet. My goal is to go to something super fancy like that at the Kennedy Center! The weather has been kind of yucky making it hard to do much during the day, but that is okay, I have to save my energy for evening plans. We play till midnight and sometimes longer! City life is late, but I can sleep in the next day. :)


We are posing like our man Theodore. I am not exactly sure why they have him posed like that.

Me trying to be artsy. Theodore Roosevelt's quote about nature with nature in the background. Fun, huh?



Kind of a bad picture but it was dark and we wanted to emphasize the Washington Monument.




Did you know there was an Albert Einstein Monument in DC? I didn't, but I do now!

Going to a play at the fancy Kennedy Center. It is gorgeous there. I plan to go back and get some more pictures to share.

4 comments:

  1. Look! You are already having so much fun! I'm jealous! It has been forever since I have been there, I should go back. I loved going out at night the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I am totally jealous! I love looking at all your fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Are you okay?

    I love the statue/airplane picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (I'm glad you weren't in that train accident!)

    ReplyDelete