Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy 4th of July from America's Capitol

Though a part of the Midsingles Conference was watching fireworks together, I had bigger and better plans. Celebrating America's Birthday in the place of its early beginnings is a big deal so I needed to celebrate this occasion in style! I wished America a happy 233rd birthday at our nation's capitol watching a Fourth of July show that was televised to viewers across America and our troops overseas. But wait it gets better! My lovely roommate, Mary went at 3pm to get the perfect seat for all of us and perfect it was. She secured us some land right in front of the stage the Capital Fourth show was going to take place. We were behind the chairs where all the important people sat, but right in front of the cameras. I was able to see Barry Manilow, Aretha Franklin, Natasha Beddingfield, Jersey Boys, and Sesame Street! Live and in concert! And the National Symphony Orchestra was amazing of course and played those good 'ole fashioned American tunes with cannons firing during a mouth dropping fireworks display. I had so much fun and the cameras captured it all. My friends and I can be seen dancing to the musical stylings of Copacabana, my cute little face is right in the camera for Walk Like a Man, and I have a great profile shot during Pocketful of Sunshine. I am even on Youtube with these songs, I truly am famous. It was a Fourth of July not to be forgotten. Here are some pictures that captured the moments of joy.

This is how close we were to the stage.
This is how many people were behind us. Bummer for them!


Natasha Beddingfield singing with the gang from Sesame Street. We all sang Sing a Song together. Such a touching moment!



Fabulous fireworks, I love them so!



Here is a little video of some of the firework show so you too can feel as if you were celebrating at a capitol fourth. I also give you an idea of how close I was to the stage.




Here is the whole group posing for one last picture after a long night of fun. Notice that I am one of the only ones dressed in patriotic colors on the right end in the second row. I love my country! (I realize I used this same photo in a previous post, but I really wanted to point out my patriotism.)My roommate Sharyn and I posing on the crowded metro headed home. Notice how she can barely reach the bar and I am holding on with room to spare. My roommates are always so short and cute and make me look like the Jolly Green Giant.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! So fun! I am so glad you are livin it up this summer! Looks like DC has been a blast so far. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wouldn't you have to be green to be the Jolly Green Giant;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, finally I was able to catch up with you on your blog! Wow, what an adventure Angela! Looks and sounds like you are having a TON of fun experiences. I'm so glad for you! And here I am, laying on my couch for over a week now, not really having done much this summer at all...I totally should have come with you. So there next time... ;) When do you come back?

    ReplyDelete