Friday, July 10, 2009

Working 9-5 (or 1)

This city girl is really livin' the city life. I had a job for a day as a receptionist which is a total big city job to have. I signed up with a temp agency when I first got here to make some extra cash but haven't really been getting any jobs. Finally on July 3rd, when everyone else had a holiday I was called in to be a receptionist at Govolution. They told me I would probably get to leave early since it would be kind of slow. I emptied the dishwasher, passed out the mail, and took three phone calls, one of them was a wrong number. It was so slow and I found myself trying very hard to stay awake. Finally, at 1pm after all three execs that had come in that day got back from lunch, I got to leave. Being a receptionist for a day was easy! Who knows if I will work again while I am here. They keep calling me for jobs that go into August or Sept. and I won't be here, sad day for me.
This is Secretary Angela ready for anything. This was my line for the two calls I received, "Govolution, how may I direct your call?" I was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment