Friday, July 10, 2009

A Midsingles Partay

The weekend of July 4th was not only special since I was celebrating at the nation's capital, but there was also a DC Midsingles Conference the very same weekend! What is a midsingles conference you ask? Well now that they are so many thirty somethings single in the church they have dubbed us midsingles and when you have a bunch of older single folks who desperately need to get married you hold a midsingles conference where a bunch of activities are thrown into one weekend in the hopes that a lucky guy and girl will hit it off and realize their eternal destiny in the three day conference timespan. While I personally did not meet my husband at this conference, fortunately there are conferences all over the country. So I am thinking of hitting the midsingles conference circuit in the hopes that one of them will be that lucky one. The next one is Chicago, end of August, I am so there! (um for those of you reading this and can't quite get the sarcasm I am desperately sending, please note I do not intend to travel across the country in hopes of finding the one, he will have to come find me!)

Anyway, the conference did provide an opportunity for me to run across several friends I have lost touch with and we are now all Facebook friends so we will never lose touch again! We went on a fun boat cruise on the Potomac River, did some great DC activities, saw some fabulous fireworks, and had a great Sunday meeting all together. Good times.

Fun friends on the boat cruise down the Potomac River.

This is Courtney, one of the many friends I reconnected with at the conference. We were in a ward together back in 1997!

These are my roommates, Sharyn and Patti. Notice they are very short, so I often use them as leaning posts. We were waiting for lunch here and I was tired. They are useful for many things!


This is a big group all here for the conference at the Capitol for the fireworks. I will post a whole blog about the great evening of fun, merriment, and tv cameras.

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure you want to come back to ... you know?!?!

    ReplyDelete